- Responsible for formulating, implementing and updating sustainability policies that align with national and international standards, considering the global Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and the Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) principles;
- Providing facilitation and advisory services to businesses and investors on incorporating sustainable practices into their operations and investment strategies;
- Organising dialogues with industry associations towards achieving Malaysia’s target to become a net zero greenhouse gases (GHG) emission nation by 2050 through policy enhancements and recommendations;
- Conducting conferences, briefing, seminars, roadshows and undertaking specific project missions to attract foreign and domestic investments as well as to encourage expansion/ diversification by existing companies that are aligned with the SDGs and the ESG principles; and
- Coordinating stakeholder engagement and being the focal point between MIDA and other Ministries/ Agencies/ Investors/ Industry Associations on matters related to Sustainability.