Mieco Chipboard Berhad (“MIECO”) was incorporated in 1972. The company has been listed on the Main Board of Bursa Malaysia since 1998. MIECO commissioned its first production line in 1976, making it the pioneer in chipboard manufacturing in Malaysia using rubber wood which is now known as tropical oak wood.
MIECO has two factories with a total capacity of 900,000 cubic meters per annum which are located in Gebeng and Kuala Lipis, Pahang. MIECO’s chipboards conform to international quality standards such as the European Community’s BS EN 312 standard that is applicable for both moisture-resistant and non-moisture resistant boards with E1 and E2 formaldehyde emission levels. MIECO is certified for ISO 9001 Quality Management System accreditation by AJA EQS Certification. MIECO have also secured a significant number Ecolabels which meet US EPA, European and Japanese environmental standards.
Since its inception, MIECO’s operations and manufacturing management has always been based in Malaysia. Taking advantage of the vast and abundant natural resources native to Malaysia, MIECO successfully established itself as a market leader domestically and abroad boasting a wide client base in China, South Korea, Japan, India and many more. Currently, about 80% of MIECO’s products are sold to the local market, while the remaining 20% are for overseas markets.
In line with its quality slogan of continuous improvement and with the new management on board, MIECO has embarked on a series of expansion plans including the acquisition of Great Platform Sdn. Bhd. (“Great Platform”) in 2018. The acquisition of Great Platform significantly increases MIECO’s production capacity and further improves its efficiency and economies of scale. It will also provide a new product segment namely the Medium Density Fibre Boards, which will simultaneously increase MIECO’s market presence and product offering in Malaysia.
Throughout the 46 years of journey, Malaysia provides MIECO with a conducive business environment to operate profitably with positive factors such as the tropical climate, skilled labour, a sound infrastructure and a safe and politically stable environment. MIECO is confident its expansion in Malaysia will achieve even greater heights.