More sectors allowed to operate during EMCO - MIDA | Malaysian Investment Development Authority
contrastBtngrayscaleBtn oku-icon


plusBtn crossBtn minusBtn


This site
is mobile


More sectors allowed to operate during EMCO

More sectors allowed to operate during EMCO

07 Jul 2021

The International Trade and Industry Ministry (MITI) said more sectors will be allowed to operate in the areas under the Enhanced Movement Control Order (EMCO) following a Cabinet decision’s today.

MITI said that the Electrical & Electronics (E&E) sector and its supply chains; Aerospace sector (Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul (MRO)), Machinery and Equipment (M&E) sector for the production of healthcare and food products and  the key food and beverage manufacturing companies are now allowed to operate from today,

The list of key food and beverage products is available in the Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) for the Manufacturing Sector, for the EMCO in Selangor, which can be accessed at

“MITI wishes to affirm that this decision demonstrates the importance and significance of these sectors in supporting the production of goods in the global supply chain as well as the critical production of health and food & beverage products in the country,” it said in a statement today.

Companies are obliged to fully comply with the current SOPs for the Manufacturing Sector, for the EMCO in Selangor, that include allowed sectors and activities, as well as the need to adhere to the work force capacity at a

rate of 60 per cent while the remainder 40 per cent of employees are to adhere to Work From Home policy.

Through the Public-Private Partnership COVID-19 Industry Immunisation Program (PIKAS), which began on June 16, MITI said it is hopeful that an enhanced and expedited vaccination program targeted at manufacturing sector workers will serve to protect workers’ health and ensure the nation’s economic sustainability.

Enforcement activities will also be based on the evaluation of the Hotspot Identification for Dynamic Engagement (HIDE) Early Warning System, to facilitate the detection of high-risk locations for Covid-19 transmission.

Any company found violating the SOPs will be subject to legal action including fines or closure of the premise for a certain period of time.

Source: The Malaysian Reserve