MNHB well positioned to win some large-scale solar projects - MIDA | Malaysian Investment Development Authority
contrastBtngrayscaleBtn oku-icon


plusBtn crossBtn minusBtn


This site
is mobile


MNHB well positioned to win some large-scale solar projects

MNHB well positioned to win some large-scale solar projects

28 Apr 2022

Underground utilities and substation engineering specialist MN Holdings Bhd (MNHB) is tendering for several large-scale solar (LSS) substation projects as project management coordinator and engineering design works.

Managing director  Loy Siong Hay said the company was well positioned to secure the tenders as it had proven capabilities in undertaking LSS projects.

Loy said the company had three engineering, procurement, construction and commissioning (EPCC) projects under LSS2 in the capacity as sub-contractor.

“We are involved in EPCC projects for main contractors who have secured solar photovoltaic power plant projects under the LSS programme which was introduced by the energy commission of Malaysia in 2016.

“As underground utilities and substation engineering specialists, we are capable of assuming the management and supervisory role of the entire project, source for necessary construction materials, substation equipment and systems for installation and commissioning,” he said at its listing ceremony today.

According to MNHB, the potential new wins would add to its order book of RM172.2 million as at March 9 this year.

“The order book comprises 21.4 per cent or RM36.8 million work from substation engineering segment while the remaining 78.6 per cent or RM135.4 million are works from underground utilities engineering segment,” it said.

MNHB has 15 years of operating history in the power utilities construction industry in Malaysia. 

As part of its growth strategy, Loy said the company planned to take on the increased role of main contractor for LSS project owners.

This strategy will enable us to build our reputation and track record to position ourselves to secure more contracts in the future and strengthen our substation engineering services and solutions business segment,” he said.

Loy is optimistic about the power infrastructure utilities industry in Malaysia.

  He said the transition to the endemic phase and the reopening of Malaysia’s borders had provided a positive impact on the national economy.

“This augurs well for the power infrastructure utilities industry in Malaysia as investments in utility infrastructure is driven by long term economic growth, population growth and urbanisation, growing demand for electricity, foreign and domestic investment and Malaysia’s renewable energy generation targets,” he added.

Source: NST