KAB ventures into robotics with YL Global Ventures - MIDA | Malaysian Investment Development Authority
contrastBtngrayscaleBtn oku-icon


plusBtn crossBtn minusBtn


This site
is mobile


KAB ventures into robotics with YL Global Ventures

KAB ventures into robotics with YL Global Ventures

30 Sep 2021

Kejuruteraan Asastera Bhd (KAB) has formally executed a Term Sheet yesterday with YL Global Ventures Sdn Bhd (YLGV) to commence a new venture into the burgeoning robotics solutions business.

In a statement yesterday, KAB stated that this strategic partnership with YLGV will see the incorporation of a joint-venture company named KAB Robotic and Automation Solutions Sdn Bhd with a total initial equity capital of RM100,000.

“Under the aforementioned Term Sheet, KAB will own a 70% equity stake in KAB Robotic, while YLGV will own the remaining 30%.

“KAB and YLGV will jointly explore business opportunities to establish and develop the first robotics hub in Malaysia by leveraging YLGV’s sole distributorship rights with OTSAW Technology Pte Ltd and its proprietary robotics solutions,” the KAB release stated.

YLGV has procured an exclusivity agreement via its wholly owned subsidiary, Isenze Sdn Bhd, with OTSAW to sell and distribute OTSAW’s robotics solutions in Malaysia.

OTSAW’s flagship product innovations include the O-RX, TreX and AirGuard. The O-RX is the world’s first autonomous disinfection robot using UV-C LED technology and is already in operation in a number of building facilities across various countries to ensure complete disinfection on both surfaces and air particles.

The AirGuard integration solution offers similar disinfection features but is primarily installed directly within the heating, ventilation and air-conditioning systems, thereby integrated directly within air condition ducts to disinfect air circulated indoors to inactivate viruses and bacteria by using ultraviolet germicidal irradiation.

The company has been providing its innovative solutions and services to public and private clientele in Singapore such as the government agencies, hospitality, healthcare, aviation and commercial building management facilities.

“We look forward to creating a positive impact with YLGV by offering sustainable, scalable and effective solutions towards the collective goal of keeping everyone safe from Covid-19,” said KAB MD Datuk Lai Keng Onn.  

Source: The Malaysian Reserve