Ingress to invest RM60mil in India manufacturing plant - MIDA | Malaysian Investment Development Authority
contrastBtngrayscaleBtn oku-icon


plusBtn crossBtn minusBtn


This site
is mobile


Ingress to invest RM60mil in India manufacturing plant

Ingress to invest RM60mil in India manufacturing plant

30 Jan 2018

Automotive parts and components manufacturer Ingress Group plans to invest up to RM60mil to build a manufacturing plant in Gujarat, India, its second plant in the republic, said group executive director Datuk Dr Ab Wahab Ismail.

He said the expansion was on the back of rising demand for parts and components in the country, with total industry volume expected to reach five million units this year.

“Ingress wants to introduce more new products to the industry (and) the new plant will (also) help increase our total production as a whole.

“It will have three production lines and higher capacity of between 60,000 and 80,000 car sets per month compared to the existing plant in New Delhi, which has only two production lines and 40,000 car sets per month,” he said.

He was speaking at a press conference after an official visit by Deputy International Trade and Industry Minister, Datuk Ahmad Maslan to Ingress Technologies Sdn Bhd’s (ITSB) plant in Bukit Beruntung yesterday.

ITSB, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Ingress Group, undertakes the manufacturing and supplying of complete door assembly units, as well as manufacturing of medium to high tonnage press parts.

ITSB is 70%-owned by Ingress Industrial (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd while Perusahaan Otomobil Kedua Sdn Bhd holds the remaining 30% stake.

The company is among many local companies that have benefited from various government initiatives to develop high value added industry such as the automotive industry.

Source: Bernama

Posted on : 30 January 2018