contrastBtngrayscaleBtn oku-icon


plusBtn crossBtn minusBtn


This site
is mobile


Bina Darulaman forms JV with MBI Kedah to develop Langkawi Premium Outlet integrated project

Bina Darulaman forms JV with MBI Kedah to develop Langkawi Premium Outlet integrated project

14 Dec 2020

Bina Darulaman Bhd, which is controlled by the Kedah state government, is jointly developing an integrated project called Langkawi Premium Outlet in Kedah with the Menteri Besar Kedah Incorporated (MBI Kedah).

The project in Langkawi will have a premium outlet, an International Cultural and Tourism Village, a hotel, and food and beverage outlets, according to Bina Darulaman’s stock exchange filing today. Perbadanan Kemajuan Negeri Kedah had a 67.28% stake in the company as of May 29, 2020.

Bina Darulaman’s wholly-owned subsidiary BDB Land Sdn Bhd (BLSB) has inked a joint venture (JV) and shareholders’ agreement with MBI Kedah, Kedah state government’s investment arm, for the project.

Malaysian property buyers today are very different from those in the past, and the banking industry has yet to fully adapt to this shifting market landscape. For first-time homeowners, buying a first property is regarded as a significant milestone achievement, whether it is for investment purposes or for own use…

Under the agreement, both BLSB and MBI Kedah will set up a JV company with a paid-up capital of RM300,000, in which BLSB will hold 80% stake while MBI Kedah will hold the remaining 20% stake.

Bina Darulaman said the proposed collaboration and development should further strengthen the group’s position as one of the main property development players in Kedah and the northern region, which it expects to contribute positively to its future earnings should the collaboration be finalised and successfully commercialised.

Bina Darulaman’s share price closed unchanged at 34 sen today, after some 182,600 shares were traded. At the current price, its market capitalisation stood at RM103.31 million.

Source: The Edge Markets