On 20 January 2020, YB Dr. Ong Kian Ming, Deputy Minister of International Trade and Industry, officiated the Seminar on Industry4WRD Incentives, kick-starting the Nationwide Industry4WRD Outreach Programme for the year 2020.
Industry4WRD Intervention Fund
What is the incentive?
Who are eligible?
- Manufacturing or manufacturing-related services (MRS) companies incorporated under the Companies Act, 2016
- Small & Medium Enterprises (SMEs)
Manufacturing: Sales turnover from RM300,000 to not more than RM50 million and/or employee from 5 to not more than 200 MRS: Sales turnover from RM300,000 to not more than RM20 million and/or employee from 5 to not more than 75
- In operation for at least three years in the current business line
- Possess a valid business licence and/or Manufacturing Licence
Completed the Government-funded Industry4WRD Readiness Assessment (RA) Programme– received a report from the Malaysia Productivity Corporation (MPC)
What are the eligible expenditures?
- Only expenditures based on the recommendations of the RA report will be considered.
The following expenditures will not be eligible:
- Purchase or rental of land, building, vehicles and furniture;
- Premise renovation;
- Collateral or loan for any purpose;
- Marketing/ promotional activities;
- Operation expenditure including salary, employee benefits, travelling expenditures; Expenditures on R&D activities; and
- Working capital not related to the project.
What are the
- Received Remaining Grant from MIDA
- Submit claim for Remaining Grant to MIDA
- Initiate the expenditures
- Received Upfront Grant from MIDA
- Grant Agreement must be signed not more than 30 days from the date of approval by MIDA
- Received Approval letter from MIDA
- Submit Application to MIDA
- Application must be submitted not more than 2 months from the date of approval (RA Report) by MPC
- Received RA
report from MPC
Last date for
What are the process workflow?
RA Report from MPC
- Submit application of Intervention Fund to MIDA for evaluation
- Company to present (pitching session) at IIFC at MITI
- Upon approval by IIFC, MIDA will send approval letter and grant agreement to company
- MIDA and Company sign the agreement
receives upfront grant from MIDA
implements the project
- Company submits claim for remaining grant to MIDA
- Audit visit by MIDA and RA Assessor Body
- The application of claim will be deliberated at JPPG at MIDA
- Upon approval by JPPG, company will receive remaining grant from MIDA
JPPG = Coordination
What are the documents needed?
- 1-page Application Form
- Industry4WRD Readiness Assessment (RA) Report (with MPC's cover letter)
- Technical Proposal
- Financial Statements (audited) for the past three (3) years
- Manufacturing Licence from MITI or a Confirmation Letter for Exempted from Manufacturing Licence from MIDA
What to put in Technical
Project Description Scope of Project Duration of Project Method of execution (solution providers) Source of Technology Expected Deliverable Breakdown of Expenditures
Application Form, Template Technical Proposal, Guidelines & Process Workflow
To submit applications (in hardcopy) to:
Chief Executive Officer
Malaysian Investment Development Authority (MIDA)
No. 5, Jalan Stesen Sentral 5,
Kuala Lumpur Sentral, 50470 Kuala Lumpur.