Only selected critical industries are allowed to operate during the RMO, subject to approval by MITI.
Please refer to the list of industries based on essential goods as per Annex 1.
Approved companies will be given Letter of Approval by MITI to operate, subject to conditions stated.
No. Only companies that have been given the approval letter, can continue operating, subject to conditions. This measure is crucial to ensure the effectiveness of the RMO.
In situation where factory equipment and machineries need to be in ‘warm idle’ mode, factories may continue to maintain them with only minimum number of technicians. However, the production lines are not allowed to be in operation. Applications for such request can be submitted to MITI
Approved companies / factories can only operate the essential production lines, subject to the conditions stated. Non-essential operations must cease operations.
Yes. Applications for endorsement of COO can still be done at Level 2, Menara MITI from 9.00 am to 1.00 pm, except on weekends.
Further questions on COO can be emailed to [email protected]
Yes. Application for PCO can be applied as usual through ePCO system ( http://newepco.dagangnet.com/dnex/login/)
Yes. Companies are required to tick the ASEAN Single Window (ASW) box in the ePCO system for your Certificate of Origin (COO) to be electronically transmitted to the importing country.
Yes. Applications can be made online via ePermit system ( https://newepermit.dagangnet.com.my)
Further questions on AP can be emailed to [email protected]
Yes. Applications can be made online via ePermit system ( epermit.dagangnet.com.my).
Further questions on STA permit can be emailed to [email protected]
Yes. Malaysian port facilities remain operational.
- Food and beverage items including imported items
- Vegetable and animal oils and fats
- Flour and All Grain Mill Products
- Dairy products – milk, infant formula
- Condiments and Spices
- Dry food
- Coffee and tea
- Canned food
- Animal feed
- Processing of fruits and vegetable
- Agriculture and fisheries including imports
- Fish and Seafood
- Household products
- Personal care items
- Toilet paper and tissue paper
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) including Fire Safety Equipment and Medical Attire including face mask, rubber gloves.
- Pharmaceutical – all chemicals and drugs production
- Packaging materials and printing including ink
- Medical and surgical devices
- Parts for medical devices eg. parts for ventilators
- Oil & Gas
- PTA & PET Resins
- Polyester fibres & filaments
- Polypropylene & polyethylene
- ABS & MABS resins
- Maleic Anhydride
- PVC Paste resin
- Expanded EPE
- Impact modifiers & processing aids
- Styrene Monomer
- Styrene Butadiene Latex
- Chemical and Chemical Products - Fertiliser and Pesticide
- Electrical & Electronics (E&E) including semiconductors
- MITI Call Center Covid 19: 03-6200 0461 | 03-6207 1089 | 03-6200 0456 | 03-6200 0458
- Email: [email protected] (General Inquiry) | [email protected] (Application)
- Facebook group: MITI & Agencies Hotline page
- Whatsapp: 012-6072 750
For any other matters, please refer to National Security Council (NSC / MKN) hotline at 03-8888 2010.