MIDA e-ML is a new digital platform which allows companies to submit applications for:
- New manufacturing licence
- Expansion or diversification project(s); and
- Confirmation letter for the exemption from Manufacturing Licence (ICA10)
Companies can now submit applications and track the status remotely 24/7/365.
The application processes are as follows:
Step 1: Register a company e-ML account at https://eml.mida.gov.my
Step 2: Fill in the company details for registration
Step 3: Company will receive a confirmation email from MIDA that the eML account has been successfully created.
Step 4: Company can now perform their eML applications, submit and track its status.
Application for import duty, and/or sales tax exemption on machinery/equipment/ raw materials/ components for the following:
• Import duty and/or sales tax exemption on machinery/equipment for selected activities in Agriculture Sector
• Import duty and/or sales tax exemption on machinery/equipment for Selected Services Sectors which include Research & Development (R&D), Private Higher Education Institution, Private Higher Training Institution (science, technical or vocational) and Tourism Project without accommodation
• Import duty and/or sales tax exemption on raw materials/components (other than HS Code 72 - 7316) for Manufacturing Sector
• Import duty and/or sales tax exemption on raw materials/components (Iron and Steel under HS Code 72 - 7316) for Manufacturing Sector
Application for MIDA Confirmation Letter [Surat Pengesahan MIDA (SPM)] for the purpose of claiming import duty and/or sales tax exemption on machinery/equipment/spare parts/prime movers/container trailers for manufacturers, hotel operators, haulage operators and aerospace maintenance, repair & overhaul (MRO) companies.
• Manufacturers in Principal Customs Area (PCA)
• Companies Engaged in Hotel Business
• Haulage Operators
• Aerospace Maintenance, Repair & Overhaul (MRO) Companies
Login to investmalaysia.mida.gov.my to apply for exemption.