REQUIREMENTS FOR MANUFACTURING LICENCE
The Economic Census 2016 on Establishment Statistics by the Department of Statistics revealed that the number of business establishments in Malaysia increased from 662,939 in 2010 to 903,818 in 2015 with an average annual growth rate of 6.4 per cent. The number of establishments in the manufacturing sector totaled 48,806 or 5.4 per cent of the total establishment in 2015.
BUSINESS OPPORTUNITIES IN THE TEXTILE & APPAREL INDUSTRY
The textile and apparel industry in Malaysia has been growing at a fast pace after the country started an export-oriented industrial transformation in the early 1980s. Today, Malaysia's textile and apparel industry is targeting the higher end of the global value chain with a diversified production of higher value-added products. The industry has also been implementing the latest automation and technology in its manufacturing and distribution. New R&D activities are further strengthening the industry's competitiveness in the global market.
WHAT IS BEPS & FHTP?
Taxes, direct or indirect, are essential to any economy. Regardless of the jurisdiction, it operates within a global economy. The wider the tax base, the more revenue it collects for the country. Thus, allowing more to be spent on development such as healthcare, education and infrastructure.
Eternal Materials, One of the World's Largest Chemical Manufacturer Opens Its Manufacturing Facility in Johor
Eternal Materials, one of the largest chemical manufacturers in the world with 26 production facilities globally, officially opened its first manufacturing facility in Malaysia on 1 March in Tanjung Langsat, Johor. The opening of this plant, which is also Eternal Materials' second facility in ASEAN, underscores Malaysia's position as a competitive hub for businesses to meet their growing demands in Asia.
SATO's New Facility Opening
"SATO has been Malaysia's long standing partner since 1986, and we are glad SATO continues to find that this country fits into its long-term growth plan.
SATO Malaysia Manufacturing has brought in additional value to our society, particularly through its local sourcing activities and the creation of local employment. The company has engaged many Malaysian manufacturers that supply raw materials and other components for its production as well as providing more than 400 jobs for Malaysians as to date. We welcome the opening of this new facility and the opportunity it will further provide for Malaysia, especially in the Klang vicinity," said Mr. Arham Abdul Rahman, Deputy Chief Executive Officer of MIDA during the opening of Sato Malaysia's Electronics Manufacturing facility on 1 March at Klang, Selangor.
MIDA Organises Inaugural Industrial Park Forum
The Forum, a collaboration between MIDA and the FMM (Federation of Malaysian Manufacturers), was attended by more than 200 participants representing the entire spectrum of relevant stakeholders – from local authorities, park developers & managers, utility companies, manufacturers and potential investors. Also pre-sent were YBhg. Dato' Azman Mahmud, CEO of MIDA and YBhg. Dato' Soh Thian Lai
Embracing Future Innovations
The Towards Autonomous Technologies Conference 2018, a collaborative efforts between MIDA, CREST (Collaborative Research in Engineering, Science and Technology) and DRB-HICOM University was held at the MIDA headquarters on 21 March. The event, with the theme "Embracing Future Innovations", was attended by more than 150 participants ranging from industry players, academia and government agencies.
- On 1 March, MIDA Milan and MIDA's Food Technology team had a good discussion with Altinkaya, one of the leading Food Processing Company in Turkey that is exploring to expand their market by making Malaysia as a potential hub.
- CEO of MIDA received a copy of the National Workforce Human Capital Development Blueprint 2018-2025 from Dr Mohd Gazali Abas, Secretary General of the Ministry of Human Resource, on 8 March.
- MIDA had a productive meeting with Antah Group and Thermosphere Australia on 13 March. Looking forward to continuing our fruitful collaboration in future.
- MIDA Sydney welcomes Leigh Howard President of Malaysia-Australia Business Council (AMBC). On 13 March, they had a good chat on strengthening collaboration between the Sydney office & AMBC and facilitating interests of Australian Businesses towards Malaysia.
- MIDA Domestic Investment & Supply Chain Innovation team had a briefing session with the UPM Technopreneurs under the Innohub Programme at the Putra Science Park, UPM on 14 March.
- Director of MIDA Osaka shared the investment opportunities available in Malaysia at the 4th Seminar by Resona Foundation for Asia Oceana at the City Plaza Hotel, Osaka on 15 March. The event was well attended by 157 participants.
- CEO of MIDA and other board members of RECODA visited OM Materials (Sarawak), OCIM Sdn. Bhd. and Samalaju Port on 15 March.
- MIDA received a courtesy call from Dr. Toh Kyung Hwan, Ambassador of the Republic of Korea to Malaysia on 19 March.
- The Offshore Technology Conference Asia officially opened on 20 March. MIDA was once again a part of this event which provided investors first hand information & insights on the opportunities Malaysia has to offer as a regional oil & gas hub in Asia. During the Malaysia Country Session, MIDA CEO urged local players to invest more in technology and innovation.
- MIDA Deputy CEO Mr. Arham led a delegation of 8 potential investors on 29 March to visit the Chuping Valley Industrial Area, Perlis. This Working Visit was a follow up from the first forum of the MIDA Invest Series
- On 29 March, MIDA Deputy CEO, Mr. Arham and team had a fruitful working visit to Perlis. Exciting opportunities in this unique state.
- "Malaysia's talented & creative workforce, good education system, cost-competitive environment, will match well with Jinjing's growth plan in the region. We look forward to be part of the production of new & innovative products in meeting their customers' needs," said Mr. Arham Abdul Rahman, Deputy CEO of MIDA during the groundbreaking ceremony of Jinjing Holding Group on 28 March in Kulim, Kedah.
MIDA IN THE NEWS
Quality Investments Spur Industrial Growth
Aramco agrees to invest US$7 billion in Malaysia — Najib
MoUs for Terengganu Slilica Valley signed
Strong performance to continue on favourable macroeconomics
IMF projects above 5.3pc GDP growth
Malaysia to gain the most
Malaysia's capital market grow 12.6pc to RM3.2tril
Economy ripe for shift
Kaneka stays bullish with MIDA support
Pentamaster targets two sectors
Lii Hen buys Muar land to expand furniture ops
O&G industry to do better due to stable crude oil prices, say analysts
Prestar buying leasehold land for RM19mil
Vitrox to develop advanced robotic vision equipment
Greater automation for Top Glove
DRB-Hicom to buy land in RM1.9bil deal
MFC to help furniture industry meet RM12b export target
Cuckoo plans RM100m factory
OM Sarawak to invest in Samalaju sinter plant
Subang Aerotech Park to attract over RM1b investments in 5 years
High demand for petrochemicals
Maric: Railway industrial park plan on track by Q2
Eonmetall to set up production facility for 'Constructor' racking products
Malaysia remains country of focus for Baker Hughes
Aramco's RM7bil investment in Rapid by end of the month
Elektrisola: a model corporate citizen
CIDB sees higher IBS uptake
World's first halal laboratory launched
Sarawak to undertake RM1bil state water grid project
Northport gets 30 year extension for 2 ports
MoF Inc to jointly develop TRX Tower with Mulia Group
JTM, Huawei in deal to boost broadband reach
Cahya Mata Sarawak, Ibraco team up to set up private school in Kuching
PHB, UEM and Japan firm to build senior care services residences
GDEx to grow customer-to-customer segment
Plan to build KLIA3 in 5 years
Denko plans to buy land in Johor for new warehouse
Momentum builds for UMW's high-value manufacturing park
The right bets in creating a hub
Internet penetration rising among Malaysians
McDermott eyes US$5b projects
SEB to get power boost
TNB in solar power deals
CROSS BORDER NEWS
Petronas unit invests US$60m to build global R&T centre in Italy
Signed, sealed, delivered
Australia, ASEAN agree to start regional infrastructure cooperation