MIDA-ITRI Taiwan MoU, Driving Malaysia Towards Industry 4.0
The Malaysian Investment Development Authority (MIDA) partnered with the Industrial Technology Research Institute (ITRI), Taiwan through a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to encourage, facilitate and promote economic cooperation in the areas of trade, investments and Small & Medium Enterprise (SME) development, particularly in Smart Manufacturing & Industry 4.0, Internet-of-Things and Circular Economy.
Dato’ Azman Mahmud, Chief Executive Officer of MIDA and Dr. Chang Pei Zen, Executive Vice President of ITRI witnessed the signing and exchange of the MoU between senior representatives of both organisations. This affirms the commitment of MIDA and ITRI to facilitate joint projects such as applied research activities, training programs, and attachment programs; exchange technical information and expertise in the research and development of industrial technology; assist technical upgrading of scientists and engineers; as well as to encourage more collaboration between industry and research institutes.
The MOU signing with ITRI Taiwan, which was held on 7 May, adds to MIDA’s on-going initiative to drive the country’s R&D activities and Industry 4.0 agenda.
Largest Ever SEMICON Southeast Asia Showcases Smart Technologies
SEMICON Southeast Asia, the region's premier gathering of the global electronics manufacturing supply chain, opened it’s 22-24 May exposition for the first time in Kuala Lumpur, showcasing IoT, smart manufacturing, autonomous driving, virtual reality (VR), and other smart technologies. Themed “Think Smart Make Smart,” SEMICON Southeast Asia 2018 brought together industry experts from around the world for critical insights into the semiconductor ecosystem, new business opportunities and collaboration.
Being a partner to SEMI for SEMICON Southeast Asia 2018 for the 4th year in a row, the CEO of the Malaysian Investment Development Authority (MIDA), Dato’ Azman Mahmud said, “Through platforms like SEMICON, we seek to continuously foster a resilient and robust E&E manufacturing supply chain in Southeast Asia. We want to become a regional hub for design and development, high value products and activities, and ultimately, the leading location of choice for FDI and growth of local industry.”
SEMICON Southeast Asia 2018 featured three themed pavilions, four global pavilions, and inspiring keynote presentations and a host of technology forums to address key issues in the electronics manufacturing supply chain.
Highlights of May 2018
MIDA Sydney & Australia Malaysia Business Council (AMBC) New South Wales jointly organised the Breakfast Briefing on Principal Hub Incentive Scheme and Networking Session on 4 May.
MIDA organised a Focus Group Discussion on Environmental Scan: Human Capital Issues Within the Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Sector held at its HQ on May 16.
BFM 89.9 published a short video on 22 May which highlighted the developments of the aerospace industry, featuring UMW Holdings as an example. Watch it HERE.
MIDA Sydney together with the Australia Malaysia Business Council (AMBC) Victoria organised a briefing on the Principal Hub Incentive Scheme and a networking session on 15 May 2018 in Melbourne.
Pn.AzianYusof, Senior Executive Director of MIDA gave an opening address at a seminar on ‘Start Right With Digitalisation’ held at MIDA HQ on 15 May. The event was organised in collaboration with Hitachi Sunway and attracted 150 participants.
MIDA Sydney and the Chinese Chambers of Commerce Victoria Inc. jointly organised a briefing on investment opportunities in Malaysia as well as a networking session on May 16.
Trajan Scientific & Medical Pty Ltd (Trajan) met MIDA Sydney to update on their operation in Penang held on May 16.
Trajan expanded its global manufacturing footprint with the opening of a facility in Penang, Malaysia.
With the company’s additional capabilities for precision glass products, its Malaysian entity complements operations in Australia and the USA where Trajan manufactures their key product lines for the analytical industry.
Malaysia Welcomes Tactilis' First Dedicated Biometric Smartcard Manufacturing Facility in Malaysia
Tactilis which manufactures biometric smartcards is setting up its first global facility in Malaysia. The investment based in Penang will be undergoing transformation to meet the need of global demand and become the Tactilis' Centre of Excellence for its Global Manufacturing and Research & Development.
On congratulating Tactilis during its official opening ceremony on 5 April, Dato' Azman said, "MIDA welcomes Tactilis' establishment which embraces elements of new technologies such as smart manufacturing, Internet-of-Things (IoT) and Industry 4.0. This significant investment will create business and job opportunities for Malaysians. For example, our local suppliers will benefit much especially those in the areas of atomation equipment design. This will ultimately boost the competitiveness of our local suppliers in meeting international standards and enable them to integrate themselves into the global value chain."
Tactilis has invested RM36 million to date and plans to invest an additional RM40 million to expand its Penang plant capabilities. This expansion will create another 100 job opportunities.
MIDA Inks MOU with Cosmetic Valley France, Set to Boost Innovation in Halal Cosmetics Industrial Cluster in Malaysia
On 19 April, MIDA signed and exchanged a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Cosmetic Valley France (CVF) during a MIDA Mission to Paris led by the Chief Executive Officer (CEO). This MoU reflects the shared ambition between both entities to develop a sustainable cosmetics and personal care industry cluster in Malaysia through the sharing of information, mutual promotional initiatives and R&D efforts particularly in the Halal segment. Ultimately, this will contribute towards providing new and innovative products to the market and enhancing economic growth for both Malaysia and France.
Signing the agreement, Dato' Azman Mahmud, CEO of MIDA said, "We are excited to work with CVF, a renowned point of reference for global cosmetics, to advance the development of this industry in Malaysia through various initiatives. This includes leveraging on promotional platforms such as Cosmetic 360 – an international event which showcases creativity and innovation in the cosmetic industry supply chain; facilitating business matching sessions that allow our local players to tap into the technical and regulatory know-how of French companies; and supporting research & innovation as well as training efforts among all stakeholders through projects such as Cosmetopeia."
MIDA Signs Tripartite Pact with Daher & IoT Valley: Woo More French Investments, Drive Innovation in Aerospace Logistics
In line with the technological advancements taking place in Malaysia, MIDA signed a tripartite pact with Daher and France's IoT Valley on 20 April 2018. The Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) will contribute towards promoting more investment and business cooperation between France and Malaysia, particularly in the development of IoT and logistics in Malaysia's aerospace industry.
"France is no doubt one of the important trading partners and source of investment for Malaysia. Many French companies have had a long standing presence in Malaysia and we are proud to host notable players such as STMicroelectronic, Lafarge, Arkema, Decathlon, Safran, Airbus, TechnipFMC, Saint-Gobain, and International SOS. We continue to welcome investments particularly in new growth areas. French companies have also been making Malaysia their regional and global hub. From 2006 to 2017, a total of 85 projects have been approved with investments of RM2.2 billion. These include ESI Group (Regional Office), Saint Gobain (Operational Headquarters), InfoVista (Operational Headquarters), Monin (Regional Distribution Center), Centre Technique Des Mecaniques-CETIM (Representative Office)," said the CEO of MIDA.
Highlights of April 2018
Deputy CEO II of MIDA, Mr Arham with key executives from Cargill, CocaCola, eBay and Vriens & Partners discussed on 'Asian Integration - Aligning the Region' at the Asia Pacific Council of American Chambers of Commerce (APCAC) Business Summit 2018, KLCC Convention Center on 5 April.
On 9 April, MIDA and MDEC launched the Digital Transformation Acceleration Programme (DTAP) to encourage business transformation in Malaysia.
BFM 89.9 published a short video on 18 April which highlighted the spill over effects of an investment approved by MIDA. Watch it HERE.
MIDA CEO Dato' Azman led a MIDA Mission to London and Paris. He participated in the Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting (CHOGM) 2018, signed 2 MoUs with Comestic Valley France and Daher & IoT Valley and had several engagements with companies and potential investors, among others.
MIDA Mumbai had an interactive meeting with Members of the Federation of Karnataka Chambers of Commerce & Industry (FKCCI) at Cabinet Hall, FKCCI.
MIDA gave a briefing to the Gagasan Badan Ekonomi Melayu (GABEM) on April 24
MIDA delegates led by CEO of MIDA, Dato' Azman met with the Lulu Group in Dubai. Potential investment spill overs to Malaysia's retail, supply chain, hospitality and manufacturing sectors.
On 27 April, MIDA participated in the Science to Action (S2A) Talk Series with the theme 'What's Next for Local Rail Industry; Towards a National Rail Hub", held at MIGHT Cyberjaya.
Eternal Materials, One of the World's Largest Chemical Manufacturer Opens Its Manufacturing Facility in Johor
Eternal Materials, one of the largest chemical manufacturers in the world with 26 production facilities globally, officially opened its first manufacturing facility in Malaysia on 1 March in Tanjung Langsat, Johor. The opening of this plant, which is also Eternal Materials' second facility in ASEAN, underscores Malaysia's position as a competitive hub for businesses to meet their growing demands in Asia.
SATO's New Facility Opening
"SATO has been Malaysia's long standing partner since 1986, and we are glad SATO continues to find that this country fits into its long-term growth plan.
SATO Malaysia Manufacturing has brought in additional value to our society, particularly through its local sourcing activities and the creation of local employment. The company has engaged many Malaysian manufacturers that supply raw materials and other components for its production as well as providing more than 400 jobs for Malaysians as to date. We welcome the opening of this new facility and the opportunity it will further provide for Malaysia, especially in the Klang vicinity," said Mr. Arham Abdul Rahman, Deputy Chief Executive Officer of MIDA during the opening of Sato Malaysia's Electronics Manufacturing facility on 1 March at Klang, Selangor.
MIDA Organises Inaugural Industrial Park Forum
The Forum, a collaboration between MIDA and the FMM (Federation of Malaysian Manufacturers), was attended by more than 200 participants representing the entire spectrum of relevant stakeholders – from local authorities, park developers & managers, utility companies, manufacturers and potential investors. Also pre-sent were YBhg. Dato' Azman Mahmud, CEO of MIDA and YBhg. Dato' Soh Thian Lai
Embracing Future Innovations
The Towards Autonomous Technologies Conference 2018, a collaborative efforts between MIDA, CREST (Collaborative Research in Engineering, Science and Technology) and DRB-HICOM University was held at the MIDA headquarters on 21 March. The event, with the theme "Embracing Future Innovations", was attended by more than 150 participants ranging from industry players, academia and government agencies.
Highlights of March 2018
On 1 March, MIDA Milan and MIDA's Food Technology team had a good discussion with Altinkaya, one of the leading Food Processing Company in Turkey that is exploring to expand their market by making Malaysia as a potential hub.
- CEO of MIDA received a copy of the National Workforce Human Capital Development Blueprint 2018-2025 from Dr Mohd Gazali Abas, Secretary General of the Ministry of Human Resource, on 8 March.
- MIDA had a productive meeting with Antah Group and Thermosphere Australia on 13 March. Looking forward to continuing our fruitful collaboration in future.
- MIDA Sydney welcomes Leigh Howard President of Malaysia-Australia Business Council (AMBC). On 13 March, they had a good chat on strengthening collaboration between the Sydney office & AMBC and facilitating interests of Australian Businesses towards Malaysia.
- MIDA Domestic Investment & Supply Chain Innovation team had a briefing session with the UPM Technopreneurs under the Innohub Programme at the Putra Science Park, UPM on 14 March.
- Director of MIDA Osaka shared the investment opportunities available in Malaysia at the 4th Seminar by Resona Foundation for Asia Oceana at the City Plaza Hotel, Osaka on 15 March. The event was well attended by 157 participants.
- CEO of MIDA and other board members of RECODA visited OM Materials (Sarawak), OCIM Sdn. Bhd. and Samalaju Port on 15 March.
- MIDA received a courtesy call from Dr. Toh Kyung Hwan, Ambassador of the Republic of Korea to Malaysia on 19 March.
- The Offshore Technology Conference Asia officially opened on 20 March. MIDA was once again a part of this event which provided investors first hand information & insights on the opportunities Malaysia has to offer as a regional oil & gas hub in Asia. During the Malaysia Country Session, MIDA CEO urged local players to invest more in technology and innovation.
- MIDA Deputy CEO Mr. Arham led a delegation of 8 potential investors on 29 March to visit the Chuping Valley Industrial Area, Perlis. This Working Visit was a follow up from the first forum of the MIDA Invest Series
- On 29 March, MIDA Deputy CEO, Mr. Arham and team had a fruitful working visit to Perlis. Exciting opportunities in this unique state.
- "Malaysia's talented & creative workforce, good education system, cost-competitive environment, will match well with Jinjing's growth plan in the region. We look forward to be part of the production of new & innovative products in meeting their customers' needs," said Mr. Arham Abdul Rahman, Deputy CEO of MIDA during the groundbreaking ceremony of Jinjing Holding Group on 28 March in Kulim, Kedah.
Kelantan Attracts RM6.48 Billion of Approved Investments as at September 2017
"Kelantan is one of Malaysia's vibrant destinations for investments, driven mainly in the services and agriculture sectors. Although the state is not usually associated with large scale industrial enterprises, the manufacturing sector continues to play a significant role in the overall state development, particularly in providing jobs and entrepreneurial opportunities towards increasing the living standards of people in Kelantan," said Mr. Arham Abd. Rahman, Executive Director of Investment Promotion, Malaysian Investment Development Authority (MIDA) at MIDA Invest Series: "Unfolding States' Business Potential" held on 8 February at its HQ. The event, third-of-its-kind, was a collaboration with the Kelantan State Economic Development Corporation (KSEDC).
As at September 2017, a total of 292 manufacturing projects have been approved in Kelantan with investments worth RM6.48 billion. Majority of these investments or 78% (RM5.04 billion) were from domestic sources, while the rest were from foreign sources. These projects have created over 38,500 job opportunities, mainly in the non-metallic mineral products, electrical & electronic products, wood and wood products, food manufacturing, machinery and equipment and basic metal products.
Orgkhim's Johor plant to be the First Producer of Carcinogen-Free Rubber Process Oils (RPOs) in Malaysia
Norman Process Oils Malaysia Plant Sdn Bhd, a subsidiary of Orgkhim Biochemical Holding from Russia is building a USD50 million (RM200 million) facility at Tanjung Langsat, Pasir Gudang to manufacture petroleum-based extender oils used in tires, synthetic rubbers and rubber compounds.
The Malaysian facility will supply markets in the Asia Pacific region with a particular focus on China as well as other established markets including Malaysia and Singapore. The 70,000 tons per annum unit will produce the company's TDAE (treated distillate aromatic extract), TRAE (treated residual aromatic extract) and S-RAE (safe RAE, "green" analogue of traditional RAE) products.
"This investment does not only demonstrate your confidence in Malaysia's long-term investment propositions, but also the thriving state of the chemical industry in the country. We are excited that upon completion of this project, Orgkhim will be the first company to produce carcinogen-free RPOs in Malaysia. It will strategically put Malaysia on the map as one of the few places in the world producing this premium specialty and eco-friendly chemical. Malaysia will certainly benefit from the sizeable patented technology transfer into the country," said Dato' Azman during the Groundbreaking Ceremony on 12 February.
Pahang, A Big State with Big Opportunities for Investors
The East Coast Railway Line (ECRL) project, Malaysia-China Kuantan Industrial Park (MCKIP), Kuantan Port expansion and Tanjong Agas Oil & Gas and Logistic Industrial Park lend an air of optimism for the state of Pahang that sets to woo investments from both foreign and local investors into the state.
"These projects will be an impetus to attract more quality investments into Pahang, particularly in targeted sectors. With so much room available for new investment, expansion and diversification, we look forward to more companies taking advantage of the established ecosystem and facilities that Pahang has to offer," said Mr. Arham Abdul Rahman, Executive Director of Investment Promotion, Malaysian Investment Development Authority (MIDA) in his welcoming remarks at the MIDA Invest Series event held on 23 February at MIDA Headquarters.
Highlights of February 2017
- The Syed Group of Companies led by its Executive Chairman, Dato Syed Jamarul Khan and Group CEO, Syed Aziz Khan visited the MIDA HQ on 5 February. The Syed Group of companies is among the good examples of a successful eatery business in Malaysia.
- A bilateral meeting between the Minister of International Trade and Industry, YB Dato' Sri Mustapa Mohamed and the Minister of Enterprise & Innovation Sweden, Mr. Mikael Damberg was held on 5 February, prior to the Sweden Southeast Asia Business Summit.
- The Deputy Minister of International Trade and Industry, YB Datuk Chua Tee Yong officiated the opening of Boston Scientific's Regional Manufacturing Hub on 5 February. The event was also attended by Datuk N. Rajendran, Deputy Chief Executive Officer of MIDA. This significant milestone in the company's growth in Malaysia reflects the confidence they have in Malaysia's capabilities to address healthcare needs in the region.
- MIDA organised the second workshop to address human capital issues within the medical devices sector on 7 February at Eastin Hotel, Penang.
- MIDA was present at YB MITI Minister's Breakfast Meeting with the Royal Norwegian Embassy and Norwegian businessmen on 7 February.
- During the Malaysia Digital Economy Forum (MyDEF2018) on 8 February, MIDA's Director of Business Services and Supply Chain Innovation moderated the session on DFTZ: Opportunities & Challenges for the Transportation & Logistics Industries.
- MIDA Sydney received strong interest at the Halal Expo Australia 2018 held on 10-11 February at the Rosehill Gardens, Sydney.
- MIDA had a fruitful lunch meeting with representatives from Business France – the French agency for international business development, Embassy of France in Malaysia, and the Malaysian French Chamber of Commerce and Industry on 15 February.
- MIDA was interviewed by the Italian cable TV, Mediasat and Bon Viaggi, together with Tourism Malaysia's Dato' Razip on 11 February during BIT 2018 - International Tourism Exchange in Milan.
- MIDA's Green Technology Division had a good discussion with the Sustainable Energy Development Authority (SEDA) Malaysia to mobilise business matching sessions at the upcoming International Sustainable Energy Summit (ISES) 2018 towards facilitating investment opportunities.
- MIDA had a productive meeting with DRB-Hicom Berhad on 20 February. This engagement is set to pave the way for further growth of investments in the country. DRB-Hicom operates through more than 80 companies with a workforce of about 60,000 employees.
- MIDA CEO was present at the meeting with Telecom Regulatory Commission, the national regulatory agency for telecommunications in Sri Lanka. The meeting was held at the Sri Lanka Presidential Palace on 21 February. Also present was H.E. Austin Fernando, Secretary to the Sri Lankan President & Chairman of Telecom Regulatory Commission.
- MIDA together with the Halal Development Corporation (HDC) participated in the British Malaysian Chamber of Commerce's (BMCC) first webinar to promote better understanding on Malaysia's food and beverage sector.
- MIDA's job fair and open interviews was a crowd puller at the MITI Day 2018 held on 26 Feburary. More than 3,000 employment opportunities were offered from 30 participating anchor companies.
MIDA Expands Efforts in Providing In-depth Opportunities in Every State
MIDA expands efforts in providing in-depth opportunities in every state this year through its Special Briefing Session series. The first briefing session, 'An Update on Investment Opportunities in Perlis' was held on 12 January at the MIDA HQ. The series follows the successful regional supply chain conferences and domestic investment seminars that were held last year. To achieve more, the agency is leveraging on the close cooperation and coordination MIDA has with the state agencies. The event was a collaboration with the Perlis State Economic Planning Division, previously known as the State Economic Planning Unit or EPU Perlis. A presentation was delivered by its Principal Assistant Director, Ms Sanisah Sarnuji.
"The Special Briefing Session series is a new initiative undertaken by MIDA in addition to our on-going efforts in facilitating investors. This serves as a platform for the relevant state government agencies to update the business community on the latest development and investment opportunities in their respective states. The series will be running throughout the year to cover the 13 states of Malaysia," said Dato' Azman Mahmud, Chief Executive Officer of MIDA.
MIDA Forges Stronger Collaboration With CCI France Malaysia
MIDA deepened its close relationship with Malaysian French Chamber of Commerce & Industry (CCI France Malaysia) that was built over the years through a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU). This is set to intensify the promotion of French investments into Malaysia as well as to support existing French companies seeking to expand their activities in the country.
YB Dato' Sri Mustapa Mohamed, the Minister of International Trade and Industry (MITI) witnessed the exchange of MoU between MIDA and CCI France Malaysia in conjunction with the 60 Years France-Malaysia Gala Night, held at JW Marriot on 18 January 2018.
"We are excited to reinforce our partnership with CCI France Malaysia because this is an excellent model of how government and foreign chambers from both countries work together in achieving common goals. With this MoU, we look forward to continuously working with French investors in capitalising opportunities present in Malaysia and ASEAN , particularly in high quality and impactful sectors such as electrical & electronics, aerospace, chemicals, machinery, oil & gas, regional establishments including principal hubs, hospitality, healthcare and e-commerce," said MIDA CEO, Dato' Azman Mahmud.
MIDA Deepens Its Engagement With The Indian Business Community
"Notwithstanding our presence of more than 50 years in charting the industrial development of the country, there is still a lack of awareness on MIDA's function in assisting and facilitating domestic companies as well as SMEs, especially among the Indian businessmen. Through this engagement, we hope to deepen our engagement with the Indian business community, which forms an integral part of local companies in the country," said YBhg. Datuk N. Rajendran, Deputy Chief Executive Officer (DCEO) of MIDA during the exclusive media session with the Indian press held on 22 January.
"The Government has long recognised the capabilities and prospects of local companies in driving the economic growth of the country. For the first nine months of 2017, Malaysia recorded a total of RM113.5 billion worth of approved investments from 3,886 projects in the manufacturing, services and primary sectors. More than 73.5% of the approved investments were from local sources. Thus, we would like to urge more local companies, including those owned/managed by Indian entrepreneurs to come on board by leveraging on the programmes and facilities provided by the Government. Among them include the Domestic Investment Strategic Fund (DISF) that aims to accelerate the shift of Malaysian-owned companies in targeted industries to high value-added, high technology, knowledge-intensive and innovation-based industries. As at December 2017, a total of 270 projects with investments amounting to RM13 billion have been approved grants totaling RM1.3 billion under this fund," added Datuk N. Rajendran.
Over 150,000 Jobs Created from 1,142 Manufacturing Projects Implemented in Kedah
"Kedah is one of the oldest states in Malaysia and has captivating history behind it. In fact, there is more to this 'Rice Bowl State' than just paddy fields. In term of invest-ments, there are 1,142 manufacturing projects implemented in Kedah with total investments of RM51.28 billion as at December 2016. These projects have created over 150,000 job opportunities for the state," said Mr. Zabidi Mahbar, Executive Director, Strategic Planning (Manufacturing) of the Malaysian Investment Development Authority (MIDA) in his welcoming remarks at the MIDA Invest Series event held on 25 January. The event themed, "Unfolding States Business Potential' took place at MIDA headquarters in collaboration with Invest Kedah.
"Despite the challenging global economic environment, Kedah has persevered by attracting additional approved investments worth RM1.29 billion in the manufacturing sectors from January to September last year, creating another 1,543 job opportunities for the state. These 26 projects were mainly in non-metallic mineral products, transport equipment, E&E, machinery and equipment, rubber products, and fabricated metal products." he added.
Highlights of January 2018
A fruitful meeting with Dr. Norida, MD A-Bio Sdn. Bhd. and Dr. Theodora Retsina COE of American Process Inc. was held on January 5.
- On 8 January, MIDA had a fruitful discussion with Cenviro, which owns and operates Malaysia's first Waste Management Centre in Negeri Sembilan. MIDA looks forward to their exciting ventures in the country.
- MIDA's media engagement with TV3 to feature the success stories of established companies in Malaysia. Featuring B.Braun Medical Industries in enhancing the skills of local workers through extensive training programmes and Intel Malaysia on its initiatives with USM School of Computer Sciences in building a competitive R&D, ecosystem and sustainable pipeline for industry-ready graduates on 10 January.
- During MIDA's monthly assembly, following an opening speech by the CEO of MIDA, there was a Town Hall Session with YB Datuk Seri Ahmad Maslan, Deputy Minister of MITI on 8 January.
- For MIDA Penang's first SME Desk Programme for 2018, the office had an engagement with the Junior Chambers International (JCI) Bayan Lepas on 16 January.
- A demo centre was set up at MIDA HQ to highlight the importance of smart manufacturing and the process of transforming the production line to a smart manufacturing plant. YB Dato' Sri Mustapa Mohamed, Minister of MITI visited MIDA's demo centre on January 18.
- An insightful engagement between MIDA and MIDF Property Berhad was held on 19 Jan.
- Dr. Amissa from the Sustainable Energy Development Section of Tenaga Nasional presented a BizTalk on FiT and Net Energy Metering at MIDA. The event was held on 22 Jan.
- A productive engagement with 57 Indian participants from 45 companies at the Roundtable Meeting organised by MIDA and Matrade during YB MITI Minister's visit to Mumbai on 22 January.
- Mr. Ahmad Khairuddin, Executive Director of MIDA was among the panelists at the International Energy Week 2018 that was held at the Borneo Convention Centre in Kuching Sarawak.